Up
info@visittula.com +7 (800) 301-71-71
Contact us
Architectural monuments

Merchant Platonov House

Tula, Mendeleevskaya str., 4
Share via:
Add to tour
  • Description
    House №4 is a monument of architecture of XVIII – XIX century, that belonged to famous in Tula merchant Ivan Kuzmich Platonov. It is a two-storeyed building that has one more storey at the back side. There are numerous household buildings in the yard that are currently used for living. Earlier these were a coach house, a stable and a bathhouse. At the beginning of XX century the house was let for renting. Those flats were rather expensive and only well-off tenants lived there. Since 1915 Doctor Vladimir Mikhailovich Chekan’s surgery clinic for women was situated in Platonov’s house. Doctor Chekan started his career at the end of XIX – beginning of XX century as a country council doctor in Aleksin town and then worked at Tula Railway Hospital. Since 1920s there was a provincial department of national education at Platonov’s house that controlled school, kindergarten and other educational institutions activity. Moreover, there was a pilots’ club and Society of Voluntary Air Fleet in this house.
  • Contacts
    Tula, Mendeleevskaya str., 4
0 events

Interesting locations nearby

You may want to visit these places later

All places
  
Book a room