Tula Engineering Plant The structure of this facility includes a number of administrative and production buildings of one of the largest enterprises in the city- the Tula Engineering Plant. It conducts the official chronology since July 8, 1939 when the order of the people's commissar of defense industry Vannikov created the new enterprise. But its history traces the roots back in 1879. In that time Bajtsurovsky plants for the production of malleable cast iron products were built , which laid the foundation for the current production. In 130 years having passed series of transformations, joining the Tula Arms Plant and separating from it, Tula Engineering Plant became one of the largest enterprises of defense industry complex in Russia. In the days of the Great Patriotic War his experts and workers released such known samples of arms as machine guns of "Maxims" and "ShKAS", anti-tank guns of a design of Simonov and aviation guns for the legendary SILT-2 attack plane. In post-war years, with honor having passed tests by war and evacuation, the plant quickly gained steam. It released wide scale of military and peace production. Nowadays Tula Engineering Plant is known in Russia and in many countries of the world as the oldest producer of arms and military equipment.