The market stalls in 1837-1841 according to the provincial architect A. Dubrovsky`s design, the market stalls were constructed in the Kremlin. – there were 48 stone shops for products` sale. Tula merchant of the 1st Guild Ivan Ivanovich Vinnikov supervised the construction. The market stalls ran along the Kremlin walls from Odoevsky to Pyatnitsky Gates and from Pyatnitsky to Vodyany Gates. According to the Municipal Council`s decree in November 22 1863, the market stalls of the southwestern Kremlin part (24 shops) were demolished because of unsanitary conditions. At the beginning of the 20th century, the extant stone shops were adapted to the premises of the first municipal power station. This part of the market stalls has remained today in a highly modified way.