ВНИМАНИЕ! В связи со сложившейся эпидемиологической ситуацией возможны изменения в режиме работы! Просьба заблаговременно уточнять по указанным контактным телефонам о возможности посещения объектов показа!
The Assumption Church of the women's monastery. The Assumption Church of the Women's Monastery was built in 1898-1902 in the spirit of the popular "Byzantine" style. None of the Tula buildings can be compared with the Assumption Church on the quality of the bricks and virtuosity of its brickwork. Above the church entrance there were colored stained-glass panels that were not preserved until now. On the first floor there were two altars: in honour of St. Mary Magdalene and in the name of martyr Panteleimon. On the second there were three altars: in the name of the Assumption of the Mother of God, "The Unburnt Bush" and in the name of St. Alexander Svirsky. In1909 the cathedral was painted inside and partially outside. The church paintings are exact copies of the works by Viktor Vasnetsov in the St. Vladimir's Cathedral in Kiev. When the Bolsheviks came to power, the monastery was abolished and the cathedral was closed. In the 1930s, there were attempts to blow it up, but the cathedral proved to be very strong and stood firm. The domes were then knocked down and a branch of the state archive was placed there. On September 8, 2006, the cathedral was returned to the believers, and on January 24, 2007, Alexis, the archbishop of Tula and Belyov, consecrated the altar of the lower church, and the relics of St. John of Tula were moved there. At present, the cathedral is one of the two cathedrals of our city.