Bazaar was built by the Moscow merchant Stepanov in 1895-1897 on the Guriev's project. It is called "new" because there was also the old one on Krestovozdvizhenskaya square (Chelyuskintsev square) near the Tula Kremlin. It was a noticeable, beautiful construction with pinnacles, a large central faceted perfection, forging, slaughtered trims and cornice. The inhabitants of the city could buy almost everything here: furniture, clothes, fish, baking and even overseas fruits. In the new bazaar the points were rented by the richest Tula merchants, including Livencevy and Shemarins. In 1922 the building was transferred to the public sector department. And in 1929 it was transferred to the military department.