The temple was built in 1797 with the money of the landowner Ivan Pozdnyakov. It has two side-chapels: the main one - in honor of the Mother of God "Intercession", the second - in honor of the holy Great Martyr John the Warrior, the heavenly patron of the temple. In 1937 the church was closed. Reopened in 1959 by priest Ignatii Stadnyuk. Since then, worship services in the church are committed all the time. The church has a parish school since 1995.