Monasteries and Churches

The Holy Kazan Monastery

ATTENTION! Due to the current epidemiological situation changes in the work schedule are possible! Please make sure to check the operating hours of the objects by contacting them in advance!
  • Description
    Add to tour
    The St. Kazan Convent, located in the village of Kolyupanovo, Aleksinsky District, Tula Region, was established on July 16, 1995 by the Decree of His Holiness Patriarch of Moscow and All Russia Alexy II and is one of the young Orthodox monasteries under construction. But still the history of the birth of the monastery begins in the distant past. In the beginning of the sixteenth century the village Kolyupanovo was formed and, according to local legend, there already existed a temple on the banks of the Oka in the name of the icon of the Mother of God of Kazan. It is known that in 1695 a new wooden church was built in Kolyupanovo in the name of the icon of the Mother of God of Kazan. It existed until 1779. But then the temple burned down, and the new church was not allowed to build. Orthodox believers grieved and prayed to the Lord about the building of a new church, since they had to go to worship in other villages, not all could do this, because often they remained without a cathedral prayer. More than once the parishioners complained about this before the Kazan icon of the Mother of God saved from the fire, which was saved when a fire broke out in the church and installed in the church of the village Fomischevo. The Kazan icon of the Mother of God saved from the fire showed its miracle: it disappeared from the church of the village of Fomischevo and appeared on a birch tree against the burnt temple. Local landowners Bobrishchev-Pushkin put this icon in his house and began to intercede for permission to build in Kolyupanov , on the place of the burnt church, new church in the name of the same icon. The temple was built on the funds of Mikhail Aleksandrovich Bobrishchev-Pushkin, and in early 1783 the building was completed. Icon of the Kazan Mother of God with great triumph was transferred from the house of Bobrischev-Pushkin to a new church and placed in the iconostasis. It was in this church in July 1855, with the special permission of His Eminence Demetrius, bishop of Tula and Belevsky, that Blessed Ephrosinia, for Christ's sake, was buried.
  • Медиа
    Photo Gallery
    4 изображения
  • Цена
  • Contacts
    Kolyupanovo, Aleksin Urban District, Tula Region
    8 (48753) 6-11-98
Kolyupanovo, Aleksin Urban District, Tula Region
8 (48753) 6-11-98
0 events

Interesting locations nearby

All places
Select the place you want to visit
Book a room
Do you have a question?