The wooden church in honor of the Apostles Peter and Paul was situated in the village till the mid-18th century and this village was named «Petrovskoe». The wooden church was burnt down and a chapel was built in this place but soon destroyed under the Soviet regime. During the whole 18th century the village belonged to Semyon Kirillovich Naryshkin, Natalya Kirillovna Naryshkina’s third cousin once removed. She was the mother of Peter the Great. That's why the village was called in this manner. The stone church in honor to the Assumption of Mary with the side-chapel on the south side was built in 1794 at the expense of the brigadier’s wife Leontyeva. In 1857 the church was enlarged by the new side-chapels with funding from Golitsyn hospital in Moscow. A refectory was completely rebuilt. Golitsyn specialized school was opened. People studied reading, writing, catechism and arithmetic there. Teachers were the priests of Holy Assumption Church. In 1862 58 boys studied there. There is a little information about the priests. In the late 19th century the priest John Mertsalov served in the church. There are two graves near the church where John and his wife were buried (date of death is exactly unknown). The priest John Bykovsky (born in 1879) arrived at the church in 1930. He was known to be arrested on 5 May, 1937, and executed by shooting on 10 February, 1938. The church was closed from 1937 to 1947. The village was occupied by the Germans in November 1941 and the church was used as an observation post. The church was opened again on 3 September, 1947. Church services were held in the Lavrukhins’ house. They were restored in the church after the partial repair in the summer of 1948. Priest Michael Kazachinsky served there from 1 January, 1967 to 2004. St. Nicholas sacred spring, situated on the opposite bank of the river Upa, was consecrated with the blessing of ruling bishop on 19 December, 2005. Since 2008 priest Sergius Salnikov is the rector of the church.