The Epiphany Church in Venyov (pictured) existed here as early as 1666 as part of a monastery. Even then, the church was made of stone. Until now, no records have been found about who and when built the Epiphany Church.
In general, the history of the temple was sad both in the 19th and in the 20th centuries. In 1895, the church began to crumble again and after the October revolution, it was completely closed, continuing to exist only as a warehouse of glass. Only by the 2000s, it began to be restored.
For special connoisseurs of architecture, here are a few points of peculiar features of the Epiphany Church:
1. Tiered type. That is, there is a smaller tier with eight sides (octagon) on the lower four-sided box (quadrangle), and another smaller and also eight-sided one above.
2. This type of church is not typical for Tula Region.
3. The style of the Church of the 18th century does not correspond to its time, addressing its characteristics more to the 17th century, which suggests that it was most likely specially copied from the old one.
4. All elements of the church are in harmony and they do not interfere with each other.
5. Inside, the church looks very cozy. There is a relief on the walls; and the location of the windows allows light to play with shadows.
6. The church is also elongated and becomes stately due to the high octagonal bell tower, which stands on an elongated quadrangle.