The Church of the Nativity of the Mother of God existed in Belyov as long ago as in the XVII century. The first mention of it can be found in cadastres dated 1614! Of course, it was still wooden in those days.
What is interesting that there were two other temples just next to it. It is not yet known for what reason it was done but it is the fact!
The Church burned during the Russian-Polish war and during the great fire in Belyov in 1719.
After the last fire, the Church of the Nativity of the Mother of God was made in stone, which we may see today. The high snow-white bell tower appeared here only in 1876.
The history of the Church was interrupted only for a few years when the proletarians closed it in 1930. In 1943, the Church again opened its doors and since then, it has not stopped gathering parishioners of the ancient city and its surroundings.
The river Oka, which was navigable in its best years, runs not far from the Church. It is known that anchors for the Imperial Navy were made in Belyov!
The Church, as you have already understood, is very old and it is one of the cathedrals located on our land. The Church of the Nativity of the Mother of God is relatively ascetic in its architecture, has the form of a quadrangle (four-sided) and it is built in pseudo-Russian style. 5 cupolas are directed to the sky on the roof of the two-story cathedral.
Like 400 years ago, the Church is famous for the charity of its parishioners, thanks to which it has been so well preserved for many years!
There are side chapels of St. Nicholas and St. Sergius of Radonezh. The Gospel of 1628 is still located within the walls of the Church!!! Many icons here are no less ancient and deserve special attention.