Belyov is a town that is mentioned in the annals in the same year as Moscow – 1147. Until the 18th century it was one of the eastern fortresses of the Great Zasechnaya Cherta (Great Abatis Border).
Even before these lands became part of the Moscow Principality, the Spaso-Preobrazhensky (Transfiguration) Monastery – one of the ancient landmarks of Belyov and Tula Region – had been founded here. From the observation deck located on the territory of the monastery, the view of the hill opens, at the base of which the Oka River flows. Behind the field, on a hill, one can see dense abatis forests, which hide the town of Odoyev. Just like 500 years ago, the Transfiguration Monastery is open: monks live and work here, churches are restored and maintained in good condition, and pilgrims come to visit.
The town of Belyov, Tula Region, offers a gastronomic attraction, just like the capital of the region. We are talking about the Belyov pastila. As before the revolution, this delicacy has been exported since the beginning of the 21st century and is a success. Tourists who come to the town enjoy visiting the Old Traditions Factory-Museum. Workshops on making the Belyov pastila are held here. Employees hold tea parties, during which local historians tell stories about the town and the culture of enjoying the local apple delicacy.
Among the literary attractions of Belyov and Tula Region is the Museum of Vasily Zhukovsky in the village of Mishenskoye. Pushkin’s mentor, Alexander II’s teacher, and the founder of Romanticism in Russian literature was born and spent his childhood here.
Belyov is rich in sights and places where you can take great photos. Their addresses and contact details are available in this section of our website.