Dear guests to our famous gunsmith city!
We are glad to meet you in our hospitable restaurant which has been surprising all guests for 18 years with its traditional Russian cuisine from the chef Borisova Alexandra. After an internship in Italy and France she preferred the old Russian cuisine. And she studied it in the archives of our illustrious countrymen.
Family of Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy loved pies with varrious fruit fillings. Lev Nikolayevich himself was fond of scrambled eggs with mushrooms and omelets. Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev treated his guests to famous chicken cutlets. And members of the family of Vasily Dmitrievich Polenov loved to cook potatoes with mushrooms.
Based on this, the “Tula Lunches” menu has been created:
· Salad of the artist (family recipe of V.D. Polenov)
· Chicken with porcini mushrooms (family recipe of Demidov)
· Chicken fillet in a creamy cheese sauce with Turgenev-style garnish
· Anke tart with ice cream (recipe of S.A. Tolstoy)
· Tea with herbs of Russian woodland.
The Metropol Restaurant is located in the center of Tula. The - “Tula Antiquities” Museum, the Museum of Samovars, the Museum of Arms, the Museum of Local Lore, the Drama Theater, the Philharmonic Hall, and the Gentry Assembly Hall are in close vicinity to it.
It is very convenient to have lunch here on the way to Yasnaya Polyana.