The parish of the Trinity Church occupies the southern part of the city. In its origin it is the most ancient in Yefremov. The temple existed at the time when Yefremov was a guard point or fortress. The church that existed in this site of ancient settlement become cathedral as the town extended. The stone temple was built in 1795 at the expense of all parishioners. From the shrines of the temple, a special icon is the icon of the Mother of God Odigitria.