More than 400 soldiers who died during the liberation of our district are now in three mass graves of the Odoyev District, which were reburied in 1956-1957 from the numerous graves that could help to trace the tragic events of frosty December 1941.
In 1956, Odoyev Mass Grave accepted reburied remains of 303 soldiers (227 known, 76 unknown) of the 131st Taman Guards Cavalry Regiment of the P.A. Belov Brigade; 1080th, 1142nd, 885th, 1077th, 245th, 1092nd, 114th, 1035th, 1181st, 101st, 1089th, 1144th, and 1090th rifle regiment; 330th, 327th, and 322nd rifle divisions, who had fallen in battles for the liberation of Bezlepkino, Isakovo, Rylyovo, Stoyanovo, Balabanovo, Nemtsovo, Nikolo-Zhupan, Govorenki, and Odoyev or died of wounds in 498th medical sanitary battalion.
The memorial includes a monument in the form of a sculptural group six meters high.
There is a semicircular memorial wall behind it, in which marble slabs with engraved names of soldiers are embedded.
The Eternal Flame, which functions on memorable days, is in front of the composition.