The first temple in this place was built in 1857-1864 in memory of the cemetery that was in its place. Construction was carried out on the donations and money of gunsmiths, which they received as a reward from Emperor Alexander II. In 1892, near the church, a bell tower was erected. In the temples were placed the throne of the Don icon of the Mother of God, Holy Trinity and Maxim the Confessor. In the 1920s, the church with the bell tower was dismantled, and the City Hospital No. 4 was built next to the brick.
In 1995, on the site of the old church was erected a new temple-monument of the Donskoy Icon of the Mother of God. The construction was conducted on donations collected at the initiative of the then head of the Proletarian district, Vladimir Mogilnikov. The opening of the church took place on May 6, 1995 and was timed to coincide with the Victory Day.
Lozinsky R.R .Pages of the past.