A monument to the employees of the security police, partisans and soldiers of the reconnaissance and sabotage groups and the destructive battalions – to the participants of the heroic defense of Tula in the autumn and winter of 1941.
Was created on the initiative of the Veterans Council of the Direction of the Federal Security Service of Russia in the Tula region and opened on the 7th of May 2015, and also The Eternal Fire was lit.
The author of the monument depicted the soldiers with weapons in hands, determined to stand on the entrusted borders to the end. They seem to be a part of the fortress wall, in which the features of the Tula Kremlin can be guessed. These defensive images are associated both with the Brest Fortress and the Moscow Kremlin. The soldiers hold a PPSH, a carbine and a legendary Degtyaryov autorifle.