The Catholic Church
At the end of the XIX century, there were more than 700 Catholics in the city. And Catholics appealed to the authorities with a request to divert the lands near the Kiev outpost in order to arrange a Roman Catholic church. The City Duma gave permission in November 1892. The church was laid on the intersection of Kievskaya (now Lenin Avenue) and Motyakinskaya streets (now L. Tolstoy Street) on May 15, 1894.
The parishioners made donations for the construction of the temple and they actively participated in its erection. Among them was Evarist Skovronsky. At various times he occupied the posts of the provincial engineer and provincial architect in the Tula construction department.
The building of the church was built of red brick. The niches of the main portal had sculptures of Saints Peter and Pavel, and the niche of the central turret – the Virgin's sculpture.
The consecration of the Roman Catholic Church in the name of Saints Peter and Paul was held in the autumn of 1896. The church was closed at the beginning of 1930s.
At different times, there was the Housing association, the flight school, the editorial office of the regional Komsomol newspaper «Molodoy Kommunar», the Bureau of Forensic Expertise in its walls. In 1993, the Catholic community was registered in Tula. In 1994, community received one of the outbuildings near the church under the arrangement of the chapel. Thus came into being The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church of the Latin Rite. In March 1994, Tula City Duma decided to transfer the building of the church to the Catholic community. Its restoration began in the autumn of 2007, and on July 6, 2008 the church was consecrated.