The temple in honor of St. Sergius of Radonezh was built in the pseudo-Byzantine style of red brick, with one vaulted cupola and a high belfry. The consecration took place in 1898. The church was built with the funds of Sergius (Lyapidevsky), the Metropolitan of Moscow and Kolomna. Later a shelter for orphans for 120 children, three parochial schools, a locksmith's workshop and a clinic for outpatients were opened at the church. The church was painted in 1901 by N. Safronov. There were two chapels in the temple: in the name of St. Panteleimon (downstairs); the Nativity of Mary (left) and St. Nicholas (right) upstairs, in the choir gallery.
In February 1930 the Church was closed, and the belfry was dismantled soon on the proposal of the Presidium of the District Committee of the Communist Party.
In August 1991 the temple was given to the Tula eparchy with the recommencement of daily divine services.