The Victory Square. The memorial to the heroic defenders of Tula The monument was unveiled on October the 16th, 1968. Authors: sculptor Boris Ivanovich Dyuzhev and architects Grigory Efimovich Saevich and Nikolay Nikolaevich Milovidov. It was here in the autumn and winter of 1941 that the main line of Tula's defense passed. The memorial complex includes: three obelisk bayonets with the height of 51m, 41m, 31m, having a triangular shape. According to one version, they symbolize three generations of Tula, defending the city during defense: a grandfather, a father and a son; At the foot of bayonets, the Eternal Flame, a sculptural group, constantly burns, protected by bronze bars: a soldier of the 50th Army and a militiaman of the Tula labor regiment, in whose hands the famous PPSh is Shpagin's submachine gun; 13 stele, 12 of which are devoted to hero cities and 1 heroic fortress to Brest, as well as 4 steles are dedicated to military units and formations defending Tula in 1941. The memorial to the heroic defenders of Tula is an object of the cultural heritage of federal significance.