The initiative to open the Parish was put forward by the officers' meeting of the Tula Artillery Engineering Institute that decided to build a church at one of its sessions. The Parish of the future church was founded in 1999 with the blessing of the ever-memorable Metropolitan of Tula and Belyovsk Serapion.
On 5 June 5 1999, 200 Anniversary of the Tula Eparchy, His Holiness Patriarch Alexy II consecrated the foundation of the church.
The construction of the church was carried out under the supervision of the Chief of the Tula Artillery Engineering Institute Major-General Alexander Sergeevich Volkov (1951-2005) and with the support of the administration of the Tula region and the city of Tula.
On 16 September 2001, during the second tour to the Tula Eparchy, His Holiness Patriarch Alexy II visited the church and blessed the continuation of the construction.On 29 December 29 2002 the first Divine Liturgy was held with the blessing of Patriarch Alexy II and the Archbishop of Tula and Belyovsk.
Design works were performed by LLC "Archstroyproekt" by architect L.N. Bedrina, the contractor was the construction company "VVS Business." The iconostasis of the temple was painted by students of the Russian Academy of Arts from the workshop of Ilya Glazunov and carvings on the royal gates were done by a carver at the Novo-Simonov Monastery of Moscow.