The most famous Tula Samovar Enterprise of the pre-revolutionary period was the factory owned by Vasily Stepanovich Batashev's heirs. The founder of the factory, Stepan Fedotovich Batashev, originally lived in Chulkov. In 1819, he, at his own home, opened a watchmaker's shop, then he started a workshop for the production of metalware required for household use, and in 1840, a samovar factory. In 1849, S.F.Batashev decided to move to a more prestigious district, on Gryazevskaya Street (now Leiteizen Street), bought a manor area for a house and the construction of a factory. In 1861, his new factory was burned to the ground. Soon, in the same year, S.F.Batashev died and left a family of 11 people. According to the will, Stepan Fedotovich left all the property consisting of a land plot, a wooden house on a stone foundation with utilities and accessories located therein to his wife, Anna Alekseyevna Batasheva. The factory was rebuilt by their son, Vasily Stepanovich, who at that time was about twenty years old. After growing up, his younger brothers, Alexander and Pavel, joined the work. In 1867, the widow A.A.Batasheva with children, but in fact, Vasily Stepanovich Batashev, apply for permission to build a stone two-story building for workshops. Samovars of the Batashev Factory was awarded honorary diplomas at the world exhibition of 1867 in Paris and a silver medal at the all-Russian manufactory exhibition in St. Petersburg in 1870.
The building of the Batashev Samovar Factory is located in a complex of buildings and consists of three facilities, adjacent to the corner main building from the East, and to two later structures from the West. They are two-story stone buildings of different heights. Located in the depths of the territory of the household, the long facility stands out both in scale and in architectural design. On the central axis, the extended facade is discharged by the superstructure of the mezzanine completed with a figured attic, a large semicircular window on the first floor and a driveway arch in the first. Walls of street facades are plastered and painted; walls of yard facades are only painted over brickwork.
The residential house of N.I.Batashova is located in the North-Eastern corner of the building block, bounded by Leiteizen, Demonstratsyyi, Revolutsyyi, and Halturin Streets. It is a relatively small two-story stone residential building with an L-shaped plan and dimensions-22.2 x 23.2 m. The facades of the house are decorated with a large number of eclectic elements, including a variety of stucco details. The volume of the house is completed by a wide profiled cornice supported by a rare row of stucco consoles. The front entrance to the building is arranged from the main facade decorated in the form of a low portico. There was a wide balcony above it; now is lost.