Nikolo-Zaretskaya (Demidovskaya) Church or the Nativity of Christ
The parish was established on the base of the Smith settlement at the end of the 16th century. On the place of the wooden church in 1730 at the expense of the breeder Akinfiy Nikitich Demidov a stone two-story building with a chapel in the name of St. Nicholas, Archbishop was built on the first floor and on the second floor ,consecrated in 1834, in honor of the Nativity of Christ. In the same year on the first floor the chapel in the name of the ap. Andrew the First-Called.
Before the revolution of 1917, the Nikolo-Zaretsky church was considered one of the richest in Tula.
This time, Nikolo-Zaretsky temple The largest in Tula, one of the three survived two-story churches of the city.
The service in it was resumed in 1999, after a 65-year break. The Nikolo-Zaretsky church stands on cast-iron plates produced by the Demidov plant. Now miraculously preserved staircase and cast-iron floor, which was cast in the Urals almost 300 years ago. For a long time there was a grocery store in the temple. On the second floor there was a lift, with the help of which alcoholic beverages and flour bags were brought to the church.
Then the temple was occupied by homeless people. Today, the church is being restored by parishioners on their own money and on their own.